Drivers can do it – when they B&Q it! That is, they can get a free Car Health Check courtesy of Green Flag during August and September.
The 10-minute checks will be carried out by Green Flag’s highly qualified technicians in the parking areas of B&Q stores around the country. The free inspections are designed to alert drivers to potential problems with their car, and teach them how a few simple safeguards can prevent breakdowns. Participating drivers will also have the chance to win a £100 fuel voucher at each location.
The Green Flag experts will inspect lights, tyre pressure and tread depth, oil, coolant and washer bottle levels, plus wiper and battery condition of all participating cars. Drivers can watch and get handy hints about how to do it themselves. They will also receive a sheet detailing any potential problems with their car.
Green Flag Rescue manager Pete Williams said: “Our technicians are experts in roadside repairs so they’re perfectly placed to give people real-world advice about their cars. They will also be giving out health and safety tips on what to do if you do break down by the road. We know from experience drivers find this really helpful.”
Where vehicles need fluids and oils, the replacements will be provided free of charge. The Green Flag technicians will also replace blown bulbs for free where possible.
Last year, Green Flag conducted 2,404 free Car Health Checks. These revealed that 31 per cent of cars had defects that could make them fail an MOT test.
Car Health Checks – When and where **UPDATED**
Saturday 23 August
- Croydon: Hesterman Way, Valley Park, Croydon CR0 4YA [B&Q Croydon map]
- Cribbs Causeway: Lysander Road, Bristol BS10 7TX [B&Q Cribbs Causeway map]
- Halesowen: Mucklow Hill, Halesowen, Dudley B62 8EP [B&Q Halesowen map]
- Blackpool: Whitehills Business Park, Hallam Way, Blackpool FY4 5LU [B&Q Blackpool map]
Saturday 30 August
- New Malden: Shannon Commercial Centre, Beverley Way, New Malden KT3 4PT [B&Q New Malden map]
- Havant: Purbrook Way Havant PO9 3QJ [B&Q Havant map]
- Meir Park: Whittle Road, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 7TU [B&Q Meir Park map]
- Oldham: Westhulme Way, Oldham OL1 2PH [B&Q Oldham map]
Saturday 6 September